Wednesday 25 November 2009

The Grapes of Wrath




Slight change to the colour project. Actually make that huge change, its totally different to my last post! Instead of beautiful, contemporary, colourful architecture we have been given fruit to work with. One specific type of fruit to be precise, which in my case is grapes. Hmmm, I was really looking forward to the architectural one, but never mind, I'm still going to use it for my source project anyway (which I will write about soon). So grapes. What do you all associate grapes with? Vineyards, wine, religious connotations? My favourite episode of Black Books springs to mind too, but I'm not sure what my tutors would think of that... You know, the one where they housesit and drink very expensive wine and end up having to concoct their own wine to replace it, which in turn poisons the Pope? I digress. I think I'm going to line draw some vineyards, also have a closer look at the stalks, I really like the rough texture. We were given some of our fruit to draw in a still life and also to study its decay, cut it in half, peel it, squash it, just observe it really. I have to admit I did eat some of mine too! I prefer the colour of red grapes, I think I'll be concentrating on them. I didn't realise there was so much on the subject though. Type it into Wikipedia and you'll see what I mean! Anyway, I shall leave you to my still life sketches and rack my brains a wee bit more...


No comments: