Sunday 22 November 2009

Food for Thought...

So, despite it being Sunday, and my first day off for three weeks, I had a sneaky peek at the brief for our next project. Its based on colouring jewellery, and much as I would have loved to be able to use it as an excuse to play with more hot glaas, it looks like we are having to use resin and/or acrylic. Metal can be used too. Our guidelines are that it has to be a neckpiece (I think it said "elaborate" too, which sounds fun!) and it should be loosley inspired by architecture. So, I've been looking :) Gaudi immediately springs to mind when I think of colour and architecture, but I think it will have been done before quite a bit. I wonder if I'll be able to use murals? Not strictly architecture, but murals make such strong statements and it will be very interesting to explore. Another thing that springs to mind is the Casa Azul in Mexico, the birthplace of Frida Kahlo. I love Frida's artwork, and find Mexican culture fascinating. I guess I don't have to take it so literally and use colourful buildings on the other hand. For now though, I will leave you with some pictures I found, which take the words colour and architecture to the extreme...

They are by an Austrian architect and painter, Friedensreich Hundertwasser. I wouldn't mind living in one of these... :)

No comments: